Submit a Story
News
Terms and Conditions
Register
CB Login

AR Search Engine - Search this selected other AR/AP sites Powered by Google

AR Archive Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Have you seen the new site yet? (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Have you seen the new site yet?
Heidegger (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Have you seen the new site yet? 4 Months ago Karma: 999991  
Right now you are at old.ararchive.com. If you go to https://ararchive.com you will see the new site. Not everything is done, but you will at least be able to have discussions, send messages and add new stories. You will need to migrate your old account by clicking the login button on the new site and then select "migrate my account". The first ones of you to do this will be the guinea pigs because I have not been able to test it. If it works and no one else has already commented that it works, please leave a comment under the archive announcement thread on the new site so I know it is ok. If it doesn't work, use the contact form to let me know what happened and if it gave you an error message. As you use the site, if you see any errors or issues, please post them in that thread or use the contact form on the new site to let me know. Next up is to migrate all of the images from the old site to the new one after that enable people to add new images here. Once that is done, I think the next thing will be a new feature called Marketplace where people will be able to advertise projects, patreons or availability for commissions. Thank you for all of your patience and I hope you get to enjoy the new AR Archive.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ouroboros (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Have you seen the new site yet? 4 Months ago Karma: 6  
I tried and it won't let me migrate my account.

Heidegger (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Have you seen the new site yet? 4 Months ago Karma: 999991  
You can either use the forgot password if you know the email address you used with the Archive and still have access to it, or you can email me (heidegger and the after the @ ararchive.com) your username and password so I can try it and use it to debug the system.

vended (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
Re:Have you seen the new site yet? 4 Months ago Karma: 9  
Wow! Great news! Thank you Heidegger for your work. :]

Migration of the account worked for me when using the password reset. :] Got a few trial and error because of the box asking for the nickname switching to asking for the email, but otherwise it seem to have worked. I got access to my stories. :]

Last Edit: 2021/04/01 02:31 By vended.
vended (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
It's easy and clear to navigate through. There's lot of very neat functionnalities, and as far as I can see the stories's migration worked well. There's tags, little summaries and even a counter of views!

Only important downside I've spotted is that you can't favorite a story. Which make all the interest of an archive, allowing to quickly access back your favorite stories. Hope it make a return. :]

vended (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
Ah, and once migrated the "My stories" _link_ on the sidebar of the oldsite get you instantly on the new, so the favorite list disappear altogether ^^'

Some other feedback : I just noticed while using the new website that merely updating the status "Complete/not complete" and adding tags to an old story push it on the front page. I believe it would be better if that only happened for new stories / new chapters. Otherwise truly new content may be flooded out of the front pages by casual soft editing. And let's face it, there is very likely going to be authors making those on purpose to have their stories keep popping on the frontpage for visibility.

Go to top Post Reply