News
Terms and Conditions
Register
CB Login

Home arrow Discuss

AR Search Engine - Search this selected other AR/AP sites Powered by Google

AR Archive Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
The future of the AR Archive (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: The future of the AR Archive
Octavian (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:The future of the AR Archive 11 Months, 3 Weeks ago Karma: 10  
Thanks a lot for taking the time to bring the Archive on a new level, Heidegger! I hope this means that you successfully fought your sleep apnea (if I recall correctly)? Hopefully you're feeling much better now. :]

Now for the changes: I think I agree with all of them and am delighted to hear that you have ideas to improve the Archive in many ways. A few things I would like to point out:

I like that there's going to be a tag system for content for both the author and signed up users and I agree that there should only be predetermined tags to avoid a mess. Also, the author's and readers' tags should be displayed differently from one another, so that readers know which of those were only set by other readers and which by the author. Another option I would personally love to see implemented is to hide tags altogether (either by having to always expand a line with tags to see them or by having an option in user specific configurations to hide them, if possible). Sometimes I would like to read a story _base_d on tags, other times I don't want to know what's going to happen beforehand.

Are there any ideas how many and how detailed these tags should be? I thought of tags for the gender of those changed, for the category of the change (AR, AP, MR, Infantilist, etc.), for the content rating (Violence, Sexual Activities, etc.) and for basic types of changes (Magic, Scientific, Mythic, etc.). I'm not sure if anything else, as there shouldn't be a wall of very specific tags to every single story.

The changes to the Continuous Story section are much needed. It's a welcome improvement that only signed up users are able to contribute. The same tag system for stories or comics should apply here for every single story entry, just like on CYOC. I support RegressingAger's idea of a minimum word count for entries, though this word count should be pretty low (perhaps 100 words) to only scare of those trash posters with just another "Are you sure?!?!" question.
Problem is that this wouldn't save the Continuous Story from low quality content. It's very important to prevent the new Continuous Story from being filled with poor grammar, zero spacing and entries obviously below average in terms of plot continuation. I have no good idea how to achieve this, though...

Stories along with all of their chapters and story reviews should definitely be migrated, along with the private messages. Discussion threads should stay on the old URL, imo.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
vended (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:The future of the AR Archive 11 Months, 3 Weeks ago Karma: 7  
I would definitively vote for "Reality change" and "Realistic" tags to be added to the list. :]

maniacaldude (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The future of the AR Archive 11 Months, 3 Weeks ago Karma: 1  
That's great to hear. I have a few things I'd like to ask or suggest on the matter.

There will be a place for artists on the new archive, right? Like, can artists submit some of their own AR/AP/whatever work to the new site, like comics, images and sequences? I feel there should be an equal focus on stories, images, artwork, discussions, and all that stuff.

Perhaps there could be a section for fan content, like fan art and fan fiction.

When it comes to the user pages, I think they should be allowed to put up profiles about themselves and what interests them in terms of AR/AP, as well as _link_s to where else they might be on the Internet or ways they can be contacted.

Also, when it comes to tags, what would they be like? Obviously, there will be categories like AR & AP, but would there also be tags for age range or gender or transformation method or anything like that?

Perhaps a more efficient search engine could be helpful as well.

I'm trying to think of anything else, but those are the things that came to mind in terms of suggestions.

BBoy (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The future of the AR Archive 11 Months ago Karma: 1  
When do you expect the new UI to be ready?

Utopianfubar (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The future of the AR Archive 11 Months ago Karma: -19  
add it to your tumblr Bfboy

Crystal (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The future of the AR Archive 11 Months ago Karma: -2  
Any chance of including Dungeons and Rabbits or some other silly forum rpg thing? It can be a a nice, silly time-waster.

Go to top Post Reply