News
Terms and Conditions
Register
CB Login

Home arrow Discuss

AR Search Engine - Search this selected other AR/AP sites Powered by Google

AR Archive Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments
LordHugo (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2  
Ferver wrote:
Oiy and fracking vey...

Okay look, was the newest update kind of a let down? Yes. I admit it too, I don't think Heid lied or anything though. The problem I have is "finding" the newest images more than anything.

The best piece by far this week was the skin cream one... Which I have seen before... So I was kind of disappointed.

Though you know what? I'm writing a story for Heid's premium attempt and I ma overdue and he isn't yelling at me. (I will get it done this weekend btw)

The reason he isn't is this:

This *crap* ain't easy to turn out when you want quality!

I can barely find the time to write for recreational reasons and now I find out that people like you (I am referring to the constant complainer) are going to be my primary audiance? Sheesh I am not even sure I want to bother.

You are ungrateful.

This site ISN'T cheap to maintain. Heid isn't charging you squat either, he's asking that you help out and if you do you get access to a part of the site others don't.

YOU ARE NOT SUPPORTING A BUSINESS!

You are making a donation to a site that is one of the very few that actively caters to the AR genre. Be it a fetish, a curiosity, or a facination AR is a rare thing that is NOT accepted in the mainstream. So we toss Heid $8 a month... I have OVER THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS in medical bills, nearly a HUNDRED THOUSAND in school loans, and I work for mimum wage as a 2nd job and am a professional writer as a primary and I do freelance work in the game design industry...

I am poor and I can afford $8 a month without even noticing it. It's $8 for cripes sake. With weekly updates. If you were paying for OTHER fetish-_style_ sites you would get a SINGLE monthly update and be paying $40 a month for it... So chill out!

~Ferv

I agree with Ferv on everything. I too am not in the money, and yet every few months, I shell out the money to support Heid and this site...I don't care exactly what material I will see, I know it will be good, and as of late a lot of new never before seen stuff is coming on out, and that is fantastic.

No service like this is perfect, and you can't please everybody, and if you are so disinterested in the service, stop paying for it, and leave. its that simple.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Entropic (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 19  
Ferver wrote:
Heid isn't charging you squat either, he's asking that you help out and if you do you get access to a part of the site others don't.

YOU ARE NOT SUPPORTING A BUSINESS!

You are making a donation...

A payment that is requested for, and made with the expectation of, receiving a specific service is hardly a donation.

Heidegger (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 999991  
Unidan,

I am not going to have any further public conversation with you about this matter. If you would like to email me we can discuss your complaints in that medium.

You have had months and months to publicly make your comments and complaints about BoJay Premium and given that you are the only one complaining it is time to stop inflicting your issues on the rest of the visitors to this site. I will gladly email back and forth with you about all of this.

You either have a legitimate issue and I will work with you on that or you are seeking to cause turmoil about BoJay Premium for your own ends. If you persist in posting about this issue, I will have to conclude that you are trolling about this and you will be banned. It is as simple as that.

My email is heidegger *at* ararchive.com.

Oni (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: -2  
I'm with Ferver fully as well.

I'm not sure if this was made clear the last time I posted but I'll say it again. You want more AR art? Commission it yourself. See how much it costs. It ain't cheap. I know that very well. 200 dollars at least for a decent comic.

So, instead I plunk down 8 dollars a month. Put that into perspective. I will pay less than a half the money for BoJay Premium in a year than I paid for my last commission. Specifically the 'S_layer_s' AR Comic from PalComx. Which I posted here for free mind you.

Furthermore, I likely have seen more of BoJay's work than anyone except BoJay, Donny and Alec (Flash) and yet I have been more than satisfied with the work that now fills my BoJay Premium folder. Keep in mind I only put in things I haven't seen before and that are AR, and still I'm happy.

Perhaps this is all a case of inflated expectations for some but I have gotten exactly what I expected when I signed up for the year. I'm also happy to help the site out, there are not a lot of them out there.

Oni.

Alec Leamus (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: -13  
Well Oni you chimed in here and beat me to the punch.

I agree with you especially concerning your monetary comments.

Heidegger has been running this site free of charge for (now) over ten years. Just think about that for a moment...

TEN YEARS!

That is a lot money. Heidegger has not only moved the site several times to allow for growth but also to allow for the enormous amount of bandwith to handle all the traffic and to manage his hosting fees. Not to mention the hours and hours of writing code and moderating. This all comes out of his personal pocket. He has on occasion related some cost elements and number of visitors to me and I remember being taken aback as to the high amounts.

And when someone makes a request Heidegger responds positively. In fact, he often goes out of his way to accommodate. This devotion to a often thankless job is a testament to his loyalty to the AR genre.

On a similar line of thought we have all been viewing and enjoying BoJay's works for free. He has been contributing his works either by donations via commissions and or direct submissions. The fact is that we have been enjoying this AR/AP paradise without obligation or financial burden for many many years.

So now Heidegger expresses an interest to create a special area called BoJay Premium. He is motivated by the fact that the flow of new art form BoJay has dwindled and that donations via commissions has almost stopped. His thought is to stimulate that creativity and perhaps regenerate a new flow of material. And yes, there is a financial benefit too.

However, if any of you are thinking that Heidegger and BoJay are getting wealthy off of $8.50 a month you are sadly misinformed and mistaken.

Truly Heidegger's plan has worked. He did stimulate some new material from BoJay and even a few long standing commissions have been finished for those that have been waiting way too long for their projects.

As to the new material posted on the Premium site, it is not always to everyone's taste. Do you eat the same food every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner? The answer is "No". So in the same respect neither does an artist continue to rehash and recreate old works. He strives to create a new perspective and new form of _expression_. Is he always successful? No. There are many items on the Premium site even thought they depict age regression for which I do not care.

Over the years I have joined many pay sites and I have never found the content to be all inclusive as to my personal tastes. I usually find the ratio to be quite low.

There is also no promise that the Premium site is strictly age regression. It is called the Premium site for a reason. It is to encompass the spectrum of BoJay's creative talents and interests. Now lucky for us he likes to draw age regression scenarios and cute girls. However, he does depart from that to sketch a monkey or a giantess or even a spanking scene. (I will point out that all the RITA items are commissioned by me which should explain the fascination with that particular model or likeness.)

So if you are joining the Premium site under the impression that you are going to be regularly updated with strictly age regression images - don't join. However, this venture has freed BoJay up quite a bit and he is creating new images which are age regression and (age regression and age progression related). Heidegger is also very aware of the prevailing tastes and has been very good about including at least one or two age regression and/or age progression images with each update.

Which leads me to my final point, which is that I defy you to go out onto the web and find any fetish web site that updates on a weekly basis for $8.50 a month! It doesn't exist. It is really unbelievable the incredible bargain that is being offered. In fact, in the beginning I urged Heidegger to charge more money. You cannot even commission a single page piece from BoJay for thirty-five dollars and I think that is his old rate. In addition, a full blown comic from BoJay can run into two hundred or more dollars.

So pay attention and keep a civil and educated tongue in your head and be mindful of what you write- words mean things.

Sincerely,

Alec Leamus

- Alec Leamus
Ferver (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1  
Hrm...

Heid, I do want to say something...

I can't do the annual sub_script_ion thing, but I have been a subscriber since month 1. I am kind of annoyed that although I have supported the Bojay Premium since its inseption I will no longer be able to see older images because I can't afford to do a lump sum...

I understand why you are doing it, but... It kinda feels like my contribution doesn't mean as much as the annual one does.

Go to top Post Reply