News
Terms and Conditions
Register
CB Login

Home arrow Discuss

AR Search Engine - Search this selected other AR/AP sites Powered by Google

AR Archive Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments
Heidegger (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 999991  
MissTrixie,

I was only trying to make some points clearer and obviously didn't do it as well as I'd hoped. I saw a few things in your post that I didn't consider accusations but saw as aspects that might be misunderstood - if not by you, by others reading the thread.

As far as I can tell - by your post and knowing that you won access - you have seen the entire CD and everything that was on BoJay Premium during your time of access completely for free. I will admit being somewhat irked that after all that apparently free content, your contribution to the discussion is that you don't think the service is worth it. Since this has been going for 9 months and people have subscribed, unsubscribed, re-subscribed, decided to never subscribe then there doesn't seem to be much point in creating a controversy or adding to an existing attempt to create a controversy regarding what BoJay Premium is about.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Heidegger (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Your car analogy is pretty feeble. Only one person can use a car for a particular set of miles - it is a finite thing that is destroyed through use, whereas many people can see images that are "new" to them _base_d on context. If an image has never been shown over the web by BoJay, but someone saw it one time somewhere, does that remove the "new"-ness?

Maybe a better analogy is that you think the movie business should not be allowed to use the word "Premiere" in association with anything but the very first showing of a movie. When a movie is "new" in a locale, it is a premiere regardless of the fact that someone may have seen it someplace else.

You can act hurt and pretend that I am hurling desparate ad hominems at you (always a nifty rhetorical tool that is often used in politics), but I believe that jumping into a discussion of an issue that you have no stake in or direct knowledge of and having single word posts like "irrelevant" is pretty much the behavior of a troll. This is not the only thread where your posting was short, unnecessary and rude, so if you aren't actually a troll, you are doing a pretty good impersonation of one. If you were at a gathering and walked into someone else's discussion and added nothing to the conversation but calling one side's view irrelevant it would be very rude. I think that you are doing the same thing here. When you try to inject yourself into a discussion with a harsh tone of judgement, don't be surprised if people are offended.

Owlkeeper (Visitor)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: -10  
Heidegger wrote:
If you were at a gathering and walked into someone else's discussion and added nothing to the conversation but calling one side's view irrelevant it would be very rude. I think that you are doing the same thing here. When you try to inject yourself into a discussion with a harsh tone of judgement, don't be surprised if people are offended.

Now who is using a weak analogy? The difference between a gathering and a message board is that you intend everyone to see/hear what you're writing on a board. If not you could use PM.

If an image has never been shown over the web by BoJay, but someone saw it one time somewhere, does that remove the "new"-ness?

Um...how did the image get there then? Unless it was stolen off Bojay's personal computer he had to have given it out to someone, which indeed DOES remove the "new"-ness.

Heidegger (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
To make it official, the definition of "New" for BoJay Premium is artwork that has not previously been made available to the general public by BoJay. In the interest of full disclosure, that may mean that the image you are looking at in BoJay Premium may have already been seen by someone else, maybe even someplace else.

I know that Owlkeeper's novel definition where if even one person besides BoJay has seen an image it can't be new would mean that no one could have ever seen any of the images from BoJay prior to their posting without somehow removing their new-ness, so I will be going by the definition above.

If anyone has any questions or comments about this, email or PM me,

MissTrixie (Visitor)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0  
Heidegger wrote:
As far as I can tell - by your post and knowing that you won access - you have seen the entire CD and everything that was on BoJay Premium during your time of access completely for free. I will admit being somewhat irked that after all that apparently free content, your contribution to the discussion is that you don't think the service is worth it.
Again, my or anyone else's means of viewing the material does not devalue our opinions. Seeing that I made an actual effort to view the material through the contest (the sole effort in that category, actually), I really don't see any legitimacy in your "nifty rhetorical tools" of attempting to discredit any opinions that I may have.

Since this has been going for 9 months and people have subscribed, unsubscribed, re-subscribed, decided to never subscribe then there doesn't seem to be much point in creating a controversy or adding to an existing attempt to create a controversy regarding what BoJay Premium is about.
Owlkeeper, myself, and others who have formed an opinion that just so happens to be detrimental to the service in your eyes are not attempting to create controversy. You _title_d this thred "Bojay Premium Questions and Comments." The comments we have made have no intent on harming the service, but rather giving our opinions which should be valued.

Heidegger (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
I view your input and Owlkeeper's separately. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions about BoJay Premium.

Where I'm at right now is that what each of us had to say is all out there for anyone to read and form their own opinions. I don't really have anything to add to the discussion at this point.

If there is anything else you want to say, I will leave it wide open to you to have the last word on our discussion,

Post edited by: Heidegger, at: 2007/05/15 21:28

Go to top Post Reply