News
Terms and Conditions
Register
CB Login

Home arrow Discuss

AR Search Engine - Search this selected other AR/AP sites Powered by Google

AR Archive Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments
Owlkeeper (Visitor)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: -10  
As far as I can see, Owlkeeper, you are not even a subscriber to BoJay Premium, so I'm baffled at your participation in this discussion.

Oh, it's because it didn't take a subscriber to point out what you said was irrelevant. If the content was seen before, anywhere, it is not new.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Heidegger (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 999991  
I disagree, if you want to believe that unless no one but BoJay had seen the artwork before it was posted I think you have an unrealistic standard. If the vast majority of subscribers have never seen the content and Utopianfubar has somehow had access to a lot more artwork that wasn't publicly available than virtually everyone else, I believe that the content is still new.

Overall, I find your participation in this particular thread very close to trolling.

MissTrixie (Visitor)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0  
I won a membership through the art contest. I was using it as a trial for judging whether or not I should purchase a sub_script_ion. Seeing that I have seen all of the contents on the Bojay CD that the Archive was pushing so hard way back, I really can't say that there is much if any new material in the Bojay Premium Service.

I think it's kind of misleading that the service claims of "new" material when it is simply a slow rehashing of an older product.

I in no way intend to insult you, Heidegger. I appreciate the work you do here for all of us. That being said, I really don't see the appeal of the premium service.

Heidegger (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 999991  
A couple of minor things Ms. Trixie. First, while I let the BoJay CD project have banner space and encouraged people to buy it if they were interested, it was not an Archive project and I had no financial stake in it. I wanted to help out BoJay and at the time that was the best way. If you have a complaint about the CD, you need to direct it elsewhere because I was just helping someone out and I won't take any business consequences for doing what I have always felt was a good deed.

I have not hidden the fact that there are images from the CD in BoJay Premium. There is a discount for people who purchased the CD that has been promoted since day 1. You didn't say that you own the CD, so I have to wonder if it means you saw it for free. If that is the case, I have no sympathy that you feel bad about paying to see the images, and it kind of undercuts your complaint. The vast majority of the people who subscribe to BoJay Premium had not previously purchased the CD.

There has been a lot of new content in BoJay Premium and more is coming (some of it that I have only seen drafts of is really, really awesome), if you choose not to subscribe then basically you won't see it. That is your choice.

Everything after this is not connected to Ms. Trixie's post and I don't want anyone to think that I am singling her out with it:

For those who have "seen" the CD artwork and are worried about subscribing because of that, watch the updates each week and when you see something that you haven't seen before, then it is something new and you might want to consider a month to month sub_script_ion for that month - you pay your $10 and you know for sure you will see something new.

I hope the whole CD image discussion can end soon because it appears to be a few people out of hundreds who have subscribed. If you have a complaint about CD images, email or message me and lets talk about it privately first. If you still aren't satisfied, you retain the option to make it into a big public deal. If you don't talk to me about it first, I will delete the posts because I am done providing a forum for a few people to portray BoJay Premium as some sort of scam or create an atmosphere of controversy that might keep people who might really enjoy seeing more BoJay art from getting that opportunity.

MissTrixie (Visitor)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0  
First, I never accused you of having financial gains from the both projects. I do not have a complaint with the contents of the CD. Please do not confuse or subvert my points for something like that.

I was pointing out that these images are not new to those who have seen the Bojay CD. I had access to the service for three months and I did not see anything new. Other individuals I have spoken to share the same concerns.

In short, I feel this service has not proven itself to be a worthy investment on the part of anyone who has seen the contents of the CD and I am yet to see anything "new." If I remember the price of the CD ($30 or so) correctly, I don't see any reason that people should pay the same amount, receive 2-3 months of service and see fewer "new" images in that time_frame_.

My means of viewing the CD in no way reduces any credibility to my argument. Please refrain from attempting to discredit any opposition because of how they have seen material. How we have seen things is a moot point.

Post edited by: MissTrixie, at: 2007/05/15 06:57

Owlkeeper (Visitor)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:BoJay Premium Questions and comments 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: -10  
Heidegger wrote:
I disagree, if you want to believe that unless no one but BoJay had seen the artwork before it was posted I think you have an unrealistic standard. If the vast majority of subscribers have never seen the content and Utopianfubar has somehow had access to a lot more artwork that wasn't publicly available than virtually everyone else, I believe that the content is still new.

Overall, I find your participation in this particular thread very close to trolling.

I was unaware that if you didn't put enough miles on your car you could still call it 'new' when you resold it. Using your logic, it doesn't matter how old something is, as long as I don't THINK most people have seen it it must be new.

Now I'm a troll? You seem to love throwing out things that don't matter, ad homenim anyone?

Go to top Post Reply