News
Terms and Conditions
Register
CB Login

Home arrow Discuss

AR Search Engine - Search this selected other AR/AP sites Powered by Google

AR Archive Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
areg5 and Dark Oni comic announcement (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 2
TOPIC: areg5 and Dark Oni comic announcement
vended (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:areg5 and Dark Oni comic announcement 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7  
I wasn't expecting it before Friday like DarkOni had said, so it was a good surprise to see it today. I think you two did a really good job together. The artwork and story were well worth the money, in my opinion.

The models looks very good, Areg. The surrounding interiors being 3D made sometimes get very near to looking almost unnoticeable as such in the background, which is great for the immersion in the story. There's still some of them which stand out, though, the worst offenders being the formula and baby bottles. The wine in inclined glasses not obeying gravity ( XD ) on some pages like p81 could easily be overlooked, and the green serum looking more like some sort of blury fume rather than liquid plot-justified away, being sci-fi of origin.

Some of the interiors look very expensives, like the sculpted wood doors and marble columns in the living room, which could have been weird if it was supposed to be a middle class house, but nothing in the plot goes against them being upper class and well off.
I noticed only one rendering malfunction, with on page 141 the arm going through the diaper. Otherwise, I found it unfaulty, which really show you know what you're doing.

Now, as for the characters's rendering : wow! They are amazing. All throughouth the comic the faces and bodies of the regressed and progressed characters were really well done.
Although the baby faces are still the weak point of 3D rendering, in my opinion, even there it was quite good, and the toddler's one before the third regression was as for it totally fine. I don't know why emotions seem to look better on 3D rendering toddlers rather than babies, but they do (p112!).
Never did the others faces feel 'goofy', even the angered daughter when hearing her mother's plan, and the crying ones, emotions which portraying is usually weaker (in comparison) were very fine looking. No problems of shadows over them, nor of weird looking skin color.

The regressed girls were such cuties pies!

And the clothes were very on par, with the vest and briefs, and above else the dresses, very good looking and flowing along the movements. Very good models you got here. A comparison with the diaper models you used in your very first comics really show the progress made. ^^

The clothes were all well done, in fact, and two different scenes of regressing character in increasingly oversized clothes! Very neat, while still a bit stiff looking sometimes : they really looked like the girls were "ungrowing out of them".
The parts with nakedness were never awkward, not showing too much, and the spanking scene very natural looking. The fixed camera six-long non-gif shots of the toddler to baby regression was very neat, 'Wish you will do more of these same view regression process in the future.
So, obviously very well pictured overall, Areg.

As for the plot, it felt like a neat Oni's storyline. ^^ The plot went through nicely, the dialogs felt natural, and the characters were nicely portrayed with little bits of info for characterization. I could totally imagine the mother as a spoiled little brat "doing pageants" back then as a child, or the awkward nerd girl with a friendless childhood, quite explaining why she seem so eagier to re-experience a new one.

The ties with your "Poor little rich girls"'s story is neat in this separate plot. Although I'm still more a fan of the former, with the characters being aware of their physicaly regressed bodies, while mentaly unable to make the connection and realise they're younger until forced to. I guess it was impossible here with the characters always being aware of having drank an AR serum.
Still, the regressions in several part were great, the mental ones very well shown, and the spanking and humiliation were amazing. "I give spankies, no get 'spankies!". ^^'

It wasn't really *that* dark, though. The mother is clearly portrayed to the reader as a bad character deserving to be punished - she did "made her crib, so had to lie in it" XD -, and the scientist as somehow getting a good ending, being able to enjoy her obviously longed for second childhood while still keeping most of her mind.
Really liked the knowledge loss and emotion regression, all while keeping fundamental memories, by the way.
Humiliation, loss of privilege, spanking, but not so hard on the dark side, so.

The only thing I was a bit let down with was, near the end, the scientist second regression. It was quite the sudden ellipse, so I was a bit confused why exactly she did that, without her thoughts really leading to it, and it felt like a lost opportunity to show an ultimate little bit of regression, in my opinion,.
But it's really a minor thing overall, no doubt you're a good writter, Oni.

So, congrats to you two. It was really worth the wait, worth the price, and I can't help but wish for you two to renew such a collaboration in the future.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2016/04/28 19:51 By vended.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
areg5 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:areg5 and Dark Oni comic announcement 3 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: -2  
Glad you liked it! Yes, getting the baby faces right is still a work in progress. Daz just doesn't pay enough attention to children, mostly focusing on busty women and muscular men. The baby bottles were free, and you can tell. But again, Daz doesn't have anything better.

Can't believe I missed the hand through the diaper. Grrr ...

You would think that if they hade a wine in a glass model that they would have it obeying gravity ...but they don't, and its hard to get it right in post-processing.

Little girl dresses are really, really rare. I have no idea where to get new ones. If Daz doesn't spend a lot of effort on children, they certainly aren't onn children's clothing.

As for the house ...you'd be surprised how really few homes are out there. It's the same house I've used in a lot of my stories (House of Dreams, Poolside, Keeping Your Guard up). I also have a more modest house but I used it just recently (Operation: Sleepover) and I like to mix them up as much as possible.

A real pleasure to to this story!

vended (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
Aha, really? ^^ I knew your different houses _style_s often looked alike - I recognized the "baby" lettering on the wall in the nursery as something you already used in an old one - but I never took the time to compare them side to side to see if they're really the same and which is.

I thinks the surrounding interiors are well done exactly when they don't bring attention to them, not having some sort of badly rendered 3D piece. A lot of them do the job very well in there.

Anyways, I couldn't pinpoint exactly why, but I definitively found it one of your best one so far, Areg.

There's plenty of green stuff remaining, and I hadn't paid attention on first read but there's still the second antidote around, so... something tells me we may see more of its use some time in the future. ^^

Last Edit: 2016/04/28 20:55 By vended.
areg5 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Maybe it's one my best ones because I don't write it! Ha ha!

vended (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph

Nah, otherwise all your best would be the ones you adapted from someone else's writtings, and your worst your own ones. And that's not how it is.

But Eh, working with someone else mean higher standard than your only own o e, so maybe it played in it.

Oni (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
WARNING: Potential Spoilers

I've always said I'm not as dark as some make me out to be. Granted, it's all relative, and I do come from a simpler time. You can easily argue however that the daughter makes a bit of a dark choice with what she does by the end, and I do hope you can see that she is getting darker, especially in the art of manipulation. Still, I would chalk most of it all up to justice, not darkness. Now my original plot, darker. If you ever read the Little Trip version of this story you know what I mean. The daughter does it all 'just because' she can and the mother and scientist are mostly innocent, outside of being thieves of course.

I say this story was more 'Twilightzoneish' really. I can hear Rod Serling now. "Submitted for your approval, the story of an aging beauty who only cares about the magic of youth. She will learn that sometimes the universe cares not for childish whims, turning tables into a crib that awaits in the corner of the Twilight Zone."

Anyway, thanks so much for the kind words! Yes, areg is amazing. I set the guidelines for the characters but he chose the models completely, and yes, they are adorable. As for the writing, I try. While it is rare among writers I actually enjoy writing dialogue. It requires putting yourself into the character's mind with each line and I seem to be good at it. I am glad you picked up on the tidbits of character info. Yes, I pictured the mother as a grown up spoiled brat. Failed marriage, failed motherhood, clinging to youth, self centered, selfish, etc. And the scientist, sheltered nerd. In part that is why we went with an Indian character. A conservative Indian home would have created a childhood with few friends. Interestingly, at first the scientist was a non-entity. The focus of the story revolved around mother and daughter and the scientist was an accessory, to be babyfied and discarded. Somewhere in development what her character's motivations were got stuck in my head and I must say that in the end she may be my favorite.

Speaking of which, and to address your minor concern about Mari: I tried to demonstrate the formula as a kind of quicksand. The longer you stay on it, the deeper you get into it. As Mari established, the brain is just like all other parts of the body, it grows too, and it can regress to an earlier state. Heck, the brain doesn't stop growing until age 24. So, becoming ten messes with one's perceptions, emotions, and judgements. Imagine seeing the world as you once did as a child, can you even properly recall how your ten year old self saw and reacted to things? In Mari's case she knows there is a danger, but she blows it off because she is having too much fun. She is having too much fun because her mind has already distorted things to a child's perspective. She is more afraid of 'getting into trouble' than of being stuck as a child. Once she knows she is mostly forgiven she gets easily distracted by the toys. Her mind then makes the connection between Candi's toys (They must be Candi's because that was her friend who brought her to this house to play) and getting Candi to be her friend again. Yes, Candi betrayed her, but children forgive each other at the drop of a hat. She sees the toys, wants to have a playmate to share them with, and comes up with the child logic that making herself closer to Candi's age will make it more likely that the baby will play with her 'this time'. She became a child again, fully, while at the same time never thinking that she was in any danger because of her flawed judgement. Ironically Candi, who wants to take the antidote ASAP, acts more rationally despite the fact that her intelligence was obviously lower. Arrogance of intelligence?.

Oh, and thank you for the compliments on "Poor Little Rich Girls"! Between you and me, writing that type of regression (Subconsciously aware but not truly aware) was some of the hardest writing I have ever done. It is nice to know it was enjoyed. Also, you can safely assume that the green liquid in 'Rich Girls' is the same one in 'Wayward'. How it got there, or anything more to it is a secret for now. Y'know, until I figure it all out, heh.

Final note, did you notice any of the symbolism I sprinkled in? If you didn't, that's okay, I will be posting a full explanation of how this story came together and all the hidden visual and written meanings by Saturday night. Hope it attracts interest.

PS: As for future collaborations, things look very positive on that front, though the better this commission does the more likely certainly.

Oni.

Last Edit: 2016/04/29 06:59 By Oni.
Go to top Post Reply