News
Terms and Conditions
Register
CB Login

Home arrow Discuss

AR Search Engine - Search this selected other AR/AP sites Powered by Google

AR Archive Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Thinking about writing a story... (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Thinking about writing a story...
aus_dpr (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Thinking about writing a story... 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: -5  
The original story idea sounds fairly standard to me as others have said, though I've never been a particularly huge fan of physical regression nor older male regression, so it might just be a matter of tastes. The pedophile thing is potentially creepy though, I wouldn't include it in a book about physical regression, particularly with online transaction regulations being as difficult as they are on fetish topics. edit: I should also add that 'standard' isn't bad, it just depends on whether it's well-written. I've bought a few ebooks which might have been 'standard', but were done well enough that I liked them better than some innovative things.

As for users posting some of their content in paid formats, it's been that way for over 15 years of abdl on the Internet . I've sold two things because they took months of my time to make and I honestly can't otherwise afford to do them, but people seemed fairly happy to buy them, and nobody is forcing anybody etc (though I feel that my last release wasn't very good, so am working on something even better).

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2014/02/22 05:39 By aus_dpr.

Swing by my Fetish Emporium Blog at http://spankalot-erotica.blogspot.com/
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Long_Rifle (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Thinking about writing a story... 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4  
Just curious, I've always wondered how it costs to write something?

Maybe you use an expensive word processor. Not being snarky this time, just wondering because I've heard this before.

And paid commissions are a wee bit different I would say.

"Here's a bunch of money, please write this story out I have for you."

Verses:

"I'm going to write a story, and make a bunch of money from charging people to read it."

Of course "a bunch of money" is relative.

aus_dpr (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Thinking about writing a story... 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: -5  
For me, it can take hundreds of hours to write and illustrate a full story/comic which I really should otherwise be spending on my home business as I'm not particularly financially stable still (my current one has taken weeks, though I never intended it to, it's just hard to get right, my comic took 6 months of fulltime work and will never break even just on the rent and bills). I create lots of free content, but to get to the quality level that I've wanted to see for years I cannot do it for free.

Swing by my Fetish Emporium Blog at http://spankalot-erotica.blogspot.com/
little trip (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Thinking about writing a story... 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: -38  
Time is money, idiot. Every hour I spend writing is one I don't spend substitute teaching. Both jobs pay and I have to make room for both jobs.

If I wrote for free, I might as well substitute teach for free, too. Or be a cashier for free, or fix cars for free, or build houses for free. Because this is the land of the free, and dammit, nothing should ever cost anything.

- fantasy - sexuality - humiliation - more than one setting -+- commission: littletrip at live dot com -+- satisfaction guaranteed -
Piper (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Thinking about writing a story... 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 13  
The best thing to do with rich characters is allowing them to be clever. In this case, let them come up with plot twists to change their situations and give a surprise ending.

I think the reason the ARV doesn't captivate is that it is an unexplained and unresolvable plot point, so most stories with it follow a simple pattern of losing one's old life and dealing with becoming a dependent again. You could break this pattern and provide resolution regarding the virus by revealing how he caught it. Perhaps malicious exposure from an unhappy criminal element?

purpgurl11 (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Thinking about writing a story... 5 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 15  
little trip wrote:
Time is money, idiot. Every hour I spend writing is one I don't spend substitute teaching. Both jobs pay and I have to make room for both jobs.

If I wrote for free, I might as well substitute teach for free, too. Or be a cashier for free, or fix cars for free, or build houses for free. Because this is the land of the free, and dammit, nothing should ever cost anything.

There's no reason to be personally insulting.

My only issue with people selling stories on her, is that I think they should pay to advertise on the site that Heid provides graciously for free.

Go to top Post Reply