News
Terms and Conditions
Register
CB Login

Home arrow Discuss

AR Search Engine - Search this selected other AR/AP sites Powered by Google

AR Archive Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
What do you look for in a story? (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: What do you look for in a story?
magicgirldiapers (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:What do you look for in a story? 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 14  
i think a good AR story has to be structured properly (written well) and the reader has to be able to relate to the character(s) in the story. I tend to not care about characters who aren't fleshed out or "human" becuase if they aren't then what happens to them in the story is trivial and pointless.

that's why i love AR stories where the character is regressed against their will, because by them putting up a fight or resisting gives them personality and purpose. there are too many stories on here (some of mine included) where the characters are so bland and boring that I don't care about what happens to them.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
little trip (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:What do you look for in a story? 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: -38  
I hold a comparatively unpopular opinion. I like people to get straight to the point. "In medias res" is my mantra. (That's why my work has all the literary value of a Zagat's guide.)

It's no secret that my favorites are Tainted Sins and Jennifer Lorraine, because I've copied their _style_s shamelessly for years. But Long_Rifle does outstanding work (though, not quite my subject-gender of tea) and I've got serious individual favorites here and there, like TabulaRasa's "Monkey in the Middle." I discovered "Financial Aid" today and thought it was a nice surprise to stumble across.

As a gay infantilist deeply into humiliation and sexual extremism, there's not too much out there for me, which compels me to make more. Yet, I can't tolerate violence! I don't even have the time to figure out why not.

- fantasy - sexuality - humiliation - more than one setting -+- commission: littletrip at live dot com -+- satisfaction guaranteed -
arfan5890 (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:What do you look for in a story? 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 3  
I enjoy well written stories which have a good central plot point, solid characters. and some type of impetus for the story which makes me care about the story. Solid emotional moments are a must, magic is not required, but the story must be at least good for me to keep reading. I am not particular about genders when it comes to characters, I just require personalities, and emotions that make each character easier to like/dislike. Finally I enjoy reading stories that have a gradual change, have the characters change back temporarily, but in the end everyone learns somethinhg about their natures.

MrChristopher (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:What do you look for in a story? 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 2  
Hey Everyone:

This is all great feedback, and if there is something I love people for, it's feedback. So I want to thank everyone for taking time to reply.

- MrChristopher

P.S Kepp it coming :3

So let me finish by say something…consider it a homage to hope, a message to the Humans, Chronic Ahem...Readers, and unidentifiable of the internet. Nobody likes drama, grief, and hate, so be responsible, spay and neuter your trolls today.
ikklesammy (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:What do you look for in a story? 8 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 2  
I personally love conflict. At the beginning there has to be a lot of confusion and possibly even anger and stress, trying to fix the problem of the main character (be they male or female I have no preference) Whilst there is a lot of these emotions at the beginning, for me, by the end, the main character has to be happy. Either because their mind is much or because they've come to recognise that they actually want the regression.

As a writer myself I should also say, that you should write for the love of writing. i'm sure if you write anything good enough, then you're going to get fans.

Go to top Post Reply