News
Terms and Conditions
Register
CB Login

Home arrow Discuss

AR Search Engine - Search this selected other AR/AP sites Powered by Google

AR Archive Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Libra's stories
vended (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Libra's stories 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: 7  
Overall, it was. Would be lying if it wasn't a bit of a letdown, as can be seen in my message above. But, well, it's a start. I'm sure things will improve.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sebtomato (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Libra's stories 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: 602  
Well, what was the discord mission? If it was to grab a bunch of stories that are largely already available on the ARchive and put them on another site, then mission accomplished. If it was to do something more interesting, then I'm not seeing it.

Turns out that copying and pasting other people's work is easy. Creating and sustaining a sense of community and creativity isn't. The real job, the one that would actually add some value, takes hard work and leadership. I'm sensing that Heidegger has better things to do with his time, and I don't blame him, so do I. Perhaps the era of a large-ish AR community has passed - if it has, then we'll probably live.

vended (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
If copying and pasting stories is easy, surely you can finally post your own stories on your own website? There's dozens of them missing since years.

Last Edit: 2020/01/11 20:53 By vended.
maniac78 (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Libra's stories 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: 6  
The point of the discord was to try to reopen discussion and try to get back a sense of community. With a lot of vended’s help, I myself have found new content that I missed the first time around. I also regularly talk to people in the community now instead of waiting for delayed forum posts if I get any.

Discord is also the opportunity for people to _link_ to other works not on ararchive especially in the case the ararchive ever goes down. It’s a hub for archive stories, deviantart stories, Patreon, etc.

Unfortunately in a community of lurkers, we still have trouble getting people to interact, comment, and contribute. We have had hundreds join and look but only a percentage interacting. We are constantly looking for content creators , rp leaders, etc.

The discord is still in infancy and my hope is that it can actually be _embed_ded into the next version of the archive by heidegger. I hope that with more users we can start a wave of content creation. But if it’s just a place to chat in the end then that’s not too bad either as I’ve reconnected with almost every one of my friends from a decade ago.

vended (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
Yeah, and it helped me discover new content as well. As said above, I'm rather optimistic it will gradually improve.

Go to top Post Reply