News
Terms and Conditions
Register
CB Login

Home arrow Discuss

AR Search Engine - Search this selected other AR/AP sites Powered by Google

AR Archive Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread*
areg5 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: -2  
vended wrote:
Nah, it's just that I thought I had grasped it.

That's alright. I am inching my way closer to Devon's restoration, via a very circuitous route. Plenty of twists and turns.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

The administrator has disabled public write access.
vended (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7  
I'm sure it will!

Louder (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4  
Another excellent installment!

I'm glad you decided to allow Sally to experience some more chaos in the final rounds of the story. As I described somewhere back in this thread, I sent Sally off to be the potential rescuer if I ever decided to do any future installments/sequel. But since that never happened, and was something you never knew about, then it made sense to you that she should stick around rather than disappearing from the story.

And I like chaos in my stories so why should she escape the chaos as things spiraled out of control rolling toward the end?

And then you wrapped things up nicely and now the characters are living nicely in your universe.

I've been trying to think how I might've done anything differently and about the only thing I could even come up with is I might've had Gretchen decide to go back to college age when that option was presented. My thinking is several times she wondered if she'd made the right decision. She seemed embarrassed to see older 'girls' and had moments of insecurity. Sally teased her and she didn't take it well. Then you have them all having their minds restored so that they could make their decision from an unaffected and no longer youthened mind. So how much of Gretchen's decision to stay Bobby's age was made _base_d on a youthened mindset? Would a mentally fully restored Gretchen still think the same way?

And then there would actually be a bit of punishment for Bobby for starting this whole mess in the first place. In the end, he doesn't get the girl! But I'm kinda mean like that for a final twist sometimes.

But I really only thought of that when I tried to think of alternate endings after seeing the story come to an end. Everything just flowed naturally all the way.

That's the only real disappointment, that the story had to end!

Excellent job!

areg5 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: -2  
Louder wrote:
Another excellent installment!

I'm glad you decided to allow Sally to experience some more chaos in the final rounds of the story. As I described somewhere back in this thread, I sent Sally off to be the potential rescuer if I ever decided to do any future installments/sequel. But since that never happened, and was something you never knew about, then it made sense to you that she should stick around rather than disappearing from the story.

And I like chaos in my stories so why should she escape the chaos as things spiraled out of control rolling toward the end?

And then you wrapped things up nicely and now the characters are living nicely in your universe.

I've been trying to think how I might've done anything differently and about the only thing I could even come up with is I might've had Gretchen decide to go back to college age when that option was presented. My thinking is several times she wondered if she'd made the right decision. She seemed embarrassed to see older 'girls' and had moments of insecurity. Sally teased her and she didn't take it well. Then you have them all having their minds restored so that they could make their decision from an unaffected and no longer youthened mind. So how much of Gretchen's decision to stay Bobby's age was made _base_d on a youthened mindset? Would a mentally fully restored Gretchen still think the same way?

And then there would actually be a bit of punishment for Bobby for starting this whole mess in the first place. In the end, he doesn't get the girl! But I'm kinda mean like that for a final twist sometimes.

But I really only thought of that when I tried to think of alternate endings after seeing the story come to an end. Everything just flowed naturally all the way.

That's the only real disappointment, that the story had to end!

Excellent job!

Thanks! I didn't want it to end either! I do tend to err on the side of happy endings. Your suggestion about Gretchen is great. I never considered that she made her decision when she was a child, and that may not have been the been the decision she would have made if she was of her adult mind. That may have been a better ending ...but it's too late now. Damn. On the other hand, if Bobby and Gretchen appear in any of my future stories, I do prefer the young Gretchen, and I do like Bobby and Gretchen together much in the way I like Devon and Erin as a couple.

I loved doing your story. I'm already working on my next one, with I think will be good. I'm sure I may ask you again in the future if you wouldn't mind me doing another of yours, maybe one with a darker ending.

Noliwankenobi (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 4 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: -10  
Hey Areg5! I'm just wondering, what do you use to make your 3d comics? My guess was the Sims 2 or 3,but then I noticed there was a regress sequence, not just a flash.

Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, though I'm not sure about the universe. ~Albert Einstein
areg5 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Noliwankenobi wrote:
Hey Areg5! I'm just wondering, what do you use to make your 3d comics? My guess was the Sims 2 or 3,but then I noticed there was a regress sequence, not just a flash.

You're way off the mark! I use Daz3d Studio. It's like the poor man's Poser. I may start doing post production with Photoshop.

I think Theaofshield uses Sim3. Looks great!

Go to top Post Reply