News
Terms and Conditions
Register
CB Login

Home arrow Discuss

AR Search Engine - Search this selected other AR/AP sites Powered by Google

AR Archive Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread*
areg5 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: -2  
Alessi wrote:
areg5 wrote:
As for Mom, that part is a little dicey but I didn't notice it until after I set the story down. She starts at 39, and is now 19. That means she was pregnant with Sally at 17. Guess she was a child bride.

Speaking of the mom, what was your rational behind her appearance? I don't mean this to be a criticism but she is very plain compared to your usual MILFish moms. Her face is kinda babyish to me so I figured you kind of modeled her for her second infancy from the onset.

Ha ha. rationale? Here's how it works: I have a bunch of different models and I mostly try to mix them up so everyone in the story doesn't look the same. I didn't want her to look MILF from the start, I wanted her kind of frumpy. So I took a thin young model and aged her, gave her cellulite (which I thought would translate better, but didn't, extra weight and sort of saggy boobs. The regression is basically to the _base_ young model, which I wanted to look a little younger than 19 to accentuate the effect. I guess you can call it a rationale.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

The administrator has disabled public write access.
areg5 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: -2  
vended wrote:
You're right, I didn't even thought of the mother age. I guess it mean it's not too much of a stretch in the plot.
I forgot Bobby was only fourteen. I thought he was fifteen and the narration saying Gretchen was slightly younger would have made her fourteen, but now as you said the sister's ages do fit the narrative.

Got any schedule for part three, by the way?

A couple of weeks I hope. As far as Gretchen, I'm going through chapter 3 and I came upon this in the original text:

"Gretchen finally spoke up 'You know 'that's' not the only problem we have. My lease runs out next week and I don't know of any place paying 13 year olds enough to afford rent!'"

So it was all Louder after all. Knew I read it somewhere.

Louder (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 4  
areg5 wrote:
vended wrote:
Yeah, the blushing was great. Her reactions overall were very well done.

I really wonder how you will do portraying her now, as she's supposed to act younger, or actually, act her age, in the next chapter, if I've remember it well.

By the way, I noticed you clearly stated her being thirteen, while from having read it when you did chapter one I had noticed her age actually wasn't stated. I thought of her as being fourteen. ^^

Can't wait to see some further regressions, too.

I think she's 13. I always had the impression that she was older than Sally. Remember, the potion takes off 10 years. Bobby is 14. Louder writes in Chapter 1:

"Bobby even wondered to himself if she wasn't maybe a year younger than HIM!"

So I figured that makes her 13. As for Sally, Louder writes in chapter 2:

"She looked to be about 12 or 13. Possibly even younger than Gretchen. Her figure was nearly flat."

So I figured she's 12, and started at 22. As for Mom, that part is a little dicey but I didn't notice it until after I set the story down. She starts at 39, and is now 19. That means she was pregnant with Sally at 17. Guess she was a child bride.

It's been so long since I wrote the story that I can't remember too much background. In fact, after you posted the first installment I went back and read part 1 and then part 2. And started on part 3. And then I thought I shouldn't do that. I should just wait and see it unfold with your story treatment. So I kind of spoiled part 2 for myself when it could've been almost all new to me! But that said, I typically do put some thought into the ages to keep things plausible as far as parent's ages in relation to their children. IIRC I fudged the de-aging effect of the potion to allow for some wiggle room so that it wasn't a perfect 10 years each time necessarily. For one thing I figured just the application of the lotion would be uneven, so from a practical standpoint that could be realistic. But then OTOH, it's magic so it doesn't have to be practical either.

That said, what I had in my mind for back story for the family might've not stayed on track as the story went on. But I'm sure I had a _frame_work in my own mind that I used to build their personalities from. I don't recall what age I made the dad ultimately, but I think early on I figured they were HS sweethearts in the past. Or else she was the girl next door to him growing up and maybe close in age. Or he could've been the slightly older boy she had a crush on that he took advantage. I probably considered him to be manipulative his whole life. Which then fits with the way he acts through much of the story. And so she ended up pregnant young. Which then makes sense when you think about the dad and what he probably was like when they were younger. I also wanted to make it so she was initially practical when faced with the current situation, but then when plans change, she swings the other way due to her lost youth in the first place (having a child early) and starts to figure out if she might be stuck starting over back at 19 then no use fighting it and might as well enjoy it this time around (thinking that would be the practical way to handle it now (basically that she quits fighting it)). But then eventually it all becomes chaos anyway...

But, until I look ahead in the story I don't remember how true I stayed to that original _frame_work from beginning to end. I don't think I ever gave Sally an age (did I?), and maybe not an age for Gretchen to begin with either. Just that they were college age and Gretchen ended up l3 and Sally looked even 'younger'. With the original idea they could've been the same age, or close, to begin with before the potion had it's effect on them, which would be true for any characters. Then one could've been AR'ed 9 years and the other 10 since the potion didn't work in an 100% repeatable way each time. Just that it was close. I kind of wanted to keep open the possibility that someone could AR 11 years, or 9 years, just in case I thought it might be better for one of the forks in the story.

After all, it's a magic potion a 14 year old mixed up in his kitchen. I never figured his first batch could be perfect!

Obviously Areg5 is sticking very close to those kind of details and doing an excellent job!

RegressingAger (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 7  
areg5 wrote:
Alessi wrote:
areg5 wrote:
As for Mom, that part is a little dicey but I didn't notice it until after I set the story down. She starts at 39, and is now 19. That means she was pregnant with Sally at 17. Guess she was a child bride.

Speaking of the mom, what was your rational behind her appearance? I don't mean this to be a criticism but she is very plain compared to your usual MILFish moms. Her face is kinda babyish to me so I figured you kind of modeled her for her second infancy from the onset.

Ha ha. rationale? Here's how it works: I have a bunch of different models and I mostly try to mix them up so everyone in the story doesn't look the same. I didn't want her to look MILF from the start, I wanted her kind of frumpy. So I took a thin young model and aged her, gave her cellulite (which I thought would translate better, but didn't, extra weight and sort of saggy boobs. The regression is basically to the _base_ young model, which I wanted to look a little younger than 19 to accentuate the effect. I guess you can call it a rationale.

Alright that was basically what I meant, I did not mean to criticize or offend. I tried out Daz3D a while ago and found the process pretty infuriating.

Last Edit: 2015/03/11 22:13 By RegressingAger.
vended (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
Re:*Official Areg5 Deviantart Discussion thread* 4 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 7  
Thanks for the detailled answer, Louder. It make sense. Having loose rules on the age changes meant an easier way to make whatever changes you wanted as an autor.

When reading it, I had been also under the impression that the lotion worked on an exact set of years, so areg5's portrayal seemed logical until it was pointed out. I wonder how much people thought it was exactly ten years, and how much thought the amount applied mattered more.

As for the models, the mother has a distinct "doll" face which I found funny, but it didn't struck me as something notable, while the obvious similarities in face and hair_style_ between Bobby and his dad made me chuckles. ^^

Let's see how several character's faces will turn out with the next changes in chapter three.

Last Edit: 2015/03/11 22:30 By vended.
areg5 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Alessi wrote:
areg5 wrote:
Alessi wrote:
areg5 wrote:

Alright that was basically what I meant, I did not mean to criticize or offend. I tried out Daz3D a while ago and found the process pretty infuriating.

I'm not offended at all. Daz3d does take some getting used to. I basically wanted Mom to look kind of plain, which is harder than you would think. It's hard to come up with different faces. I've used all of the "good hair," so that's always a challange. Also hard to find casual clothes, most of what's out there is kind of slutty.

Also, I don't mind criticism. Makes me work harder. Sometimes takes a second set of eyes. I did en entire story with bad lighting (Second Sims story)and didn't realize it untill it was pointed out to me that the characters looked pasty.

Go to top Post Reply